- Search among all miso soups
Ginkgo Nuts and Lily Bulb Miso Soup
Both ginkgo nuts and lily bulb (yurine) are ingredients for autumn. This miso soup is a treat even for guests.
Ingredients (4 servings)
||80 g (for 12 balls)
* Yuzu: a Japanese citrus fruit
Type of Miso
Kome (Rice) miso
- Boil the ginkgo nuts in salt water after removing their shells. Peel the inner skin of the boiled ginkgo nuts. Separate the yurine into bulblets. Make balls from the minced shrimp. Shred the yuzu peel into fine strips.
- Boil the minced shrimp balls in the dashi stock. After the shrimp balls are cooked, add the yurine and ginkgo nuts and boil for a moment.
- Lower the heat and dissolve the miso. Serve the miso soup in bowls with the yuzu peel on top.
★ A Note
It takes years to grow yurine used in this miso soup. We should be thankful to its producers.