- Search among all miso soups
Fruit Tomato and Red Leaf Lettuce Miso Soup
Refreshing sour-sweet fruit tomato (shio tomato*) greatly whets your appetite in summer.
* Shio tomato: A kind of fruit tomatoes grown in saline soil.
Ingredients (4 servings)
|Red leaf lettuce
Type of Miso
Kome (Rice) miso
- Prepare a boiled egg and cut it lengthwise into quarters. Cut the tomato into wedges and Vienna sausages into 1-cm pieces. Wash and tear the lettuce into proper sizes.
- Bring the dashi stock to a boil and add the sausages. After the sausages are cooked, add the shio tomato and boil only for a short time.
- Lower the heat and dissolve the miso. Serve the miso soup in bowls with the egg and red leaf lettuce on top.
★ A Note
With children’s favorite Vienna sausages and egg, this miso soup can be eaten like salad.