- Search among all miso soups
Somen Noodle Miso Soup with Vegetables
This miso soup is good for a midnight snack. It is easy to prepare as a light meal.
Ingredients (4 servings)
|Dried shiitake mushrooms
Type of Miso
Mugi (Barley) miso
Our product used in this recipe
Nama-zume Koji-tappuri Mutenka Mugi Miso
(Fresh-packed, Additive-free Barley Miso Full of Rice Malt)
- Boil the somen noodles and wash with water. Rehydrate the dried shiitake mushrooms in water and cut into proper sizes. Cut also the chicken, okra and carrot into proper sizes.
- Bring the dashi stock to a boil and add the chicken, carrot and shiitake. After the ingredients are cooked, add the okra and boil lightly.
- Dissolve the miso and boil for a moment.
- Place the somen in bowls, pour in the miso soup of 3 and serve.
★ A Note
The umami (good taste) of shiitake, chicken, okra and carrot is blended in a slightly sweet barley miso soup. This is a tasty miso soup.