- Search among all miso soups
Sweet Potato and Onion Miso Soup
Sweet potato is best in autumn. Enjoy plenty of sweet potato together with an added sweetness of deep-fried tofu (aburaage).
Ingredients (4 servings)
|Konegi (Thin green onion)
Type of Miso
Awase (Mixed) miso
Our product used in this recipe
Ikiteru Kyushu-san Mutenka Awase Aka
(Living, Kyushu-grown, Additive-free Red Mixed Miso)
- Slice the onion. Pour boiling water over the aburaage to remove oil and cut into proper sizes. Cut also the sweet potato into proper sizes. Chop the konegi finely.
- Bring the dashi stock to a boil and add the sweet potato and onion. After the ingredients are cooked, add the aburaage.
- Dissolve the miso and boil for a moment.
- Serve the miso soup in bowls with the konegi sprinkled.
★ A Note
You would like to make this miso soup often when sweet potato is in season.