- Search among all miso soups
Tofu, Pork and Fresh Shiitake Miso Soup
This miso soup with pork warms you up on cool days in fall.
Ingredients (4 servings)
|Fresh shiitake mushrooms
|Mitsuba (Japanese honeywort)
Type of Miso
Awase (Mixed) miso
Our product used in this recipe
Ikiteru Awase Miso
(Living Mixed Miso)
- Cut the pork slices into proper sizes, sprinkle potato starch and dip quickly in boiling water. Cut the tofu and fresh shiitake into proper sizes.
- Bring the water to a boil and add the tofu and fresh shiitake. After the ingredients are cooked, add the pork and boil for a short time.
- Lower the heat, dissolve the miso and boil for a moment.
- Serve the miso soup in bowls with the mitsuba on top.
★ A Note
Sprinkling potato starch over pork improves its texture.