- Search among all miso soups
Sea Bream and Japanese Honeywort Miso Soup
This is a luxurious miso soup suitable for pleasant spring days.
Ingredients (4 servings)
|Tai (Sea bream)
|Mitsuba (Japanese honeywort)
|Naga-negi (Japanese leek)
(kelp and skipjack tuna flakes)
Type of Miso
Awase (Mixed) miso
Our product used in this recipe
Ikiteru Awase Miso
(Living Mixed Miso)
- Sprinkle the salt on the tai to remove its smell. Shred the naga-negi lengthwise very thinly into “shiraga-negi.”
- Bring the dashi stock made from konbu (kelp) and katsuo (skipjack tuna) flakes to a boil and add the tai. After the tai is cooked, dissolve the miso and boil for a moment.
- When the kinusaya is becoming tender, dissolve the miso and boil only for a moment.
- Serve the miso soup in bowls with the mitsuba and shiraga-negi on top.
★ A Note
The taste of tai degrades if overcooked. Avoid boiling the miso soup long.