- Search among all miso soups
Spring Turnip and Thick Deep-fried Tofu Miso Soup
Enjoy fluffy turnips together with their leaves and savory thick deep-fried tofu (atsuage).
Ingredients (4 servings)
|Small turnips (with leaves)
Type of Miso
Mugi (Barley) miso
Our product used in this recipe
Ikiteru Junsei Aka
(Living Pure Red Miso)
- Cut the leaves off the small turnips leaving the stalks by about 1 cm. Peel the turnips and cut them each into 4 wedges. Slice the turnip leaves. Cut the atsuage into proper sizes.
- Put the turnips in the dashi stock and bring it to a boil. Add the atsuage and boil until the turnips become tender.
- Add the turnip leaves, dissolve the miso and boil for a moment.
- Serve the miso soup in bowls.
★ A Note
You can enjoy the soggy tenderness of turnips in this miso soup.