- Search among all miso soups
Bracken and Poached Egg Miso Soup
You can enjoy the mountain flavor of bracken (warabi) in this limited season together with savory egg and deep-fried tofu (aburaage).
Ingredients (4 servings)
Type of Miso
Mugi (Barley) miso
Our product used in this recipe
Nama-zume Mutenka Mugi Miso
(Fresh-packed, Additive-free Barley Miso)
- Cut the boiled warabi to 3-cm length and the aburaage into a little larger squares.
- Bring the dashi stock to a boil and add the aburaage. After the aburaage is cooked, dissolve the miso, drop the eggs and boil only for a moment.
- Add the warabi just before stop heating.
- Serve the miso soup in bowls.
★ A Note
Fresh warabi has a strong harshness. To remove it, boil warabi with baking soda and leave it overnight.