- Search among all miso soups
Hard Clam and Butterbur Miso Soup
The rich dashi of Japanese hard clams (hamaguri) is tasty until the last sip.
Ingredients (4 servings)
|Fuki (Japanese butterbur)
|Mitsuba (Japanese honeywort)
Type of Miso
Mugi (Barley) miso
Our product used in this recipe
Ikiteru Junsei Aka
(Living Pure Red Miso)
- Soak the hamaguri in salt water to remove the sand and then scrub with fresh water. Boil the fuki in water, peel and cut to 2-cm length.
- Place the hamaguri in the water and heat. After the shells open, lower the heat and add the fuki.
- Dissolve the miso and boil for a moment.
- Serve the miso soup in bowls with the mitsuba on top.
★ A Note
Boil fuki after sprinkling salt and rolling and rubbing on a cooking board. It makes you peel fuki easily.