- Search among all miso soups
Thick Deep-fried Tofu and
Asparagus Miso Soup
Larger pieces of thick deep-fried tofu (atsuage)
give a slightly rich flavor with a light flavor of asparagus in season.
Ingredients (4 servings)
Type of Miso
Awase (Mixed) miso
Our product used in this recipe
Nama-zume Mutenka Gen-en Awase
Low-salt Mixed Miso)
- Cut the atsuage into proper sizes. Remove the tough base-parts of the asparagus and slice it diagonally.
- 2. Bring the dashi stock to a boil and add the atsuage. After the atsuage is cooked, dissolve the miso and boil only for a moment.
- 3. Add the asparagus just before you stop heating.
- 4. Serve the miso soup in bowls.
★ A Note
You can use the hard parts of asparagus for other recipes.